Inform your friends about Boris and his izbornom programu.
SEND THIS MESSAGE
VOTE FOR CHANGE
VOTE FOR BORIS MIKSIC
"The time has come for people to become active in the political life of
Croatia." - Boris Miksic
Who is Miksic?
* He is the only independent candidate running for Croatian President
* He has no former Communist past
* He is financing his own presidential campaign
* He is a Croatian-American
* He was born in Tresnjevka, Zagreb to a survivor of the Bleiburg Death Marches
* He currently lives in Zagreb
* He is the founder and owner of Cortec, a multi-million dollar US manufacturing
company that produces corrosion inhibitors
* He earned his undergraduate degree from the University of Zagreb and continued his graduate
studies at the University of Minnesota
* At the University of Zagreb, he was an active participant in the student movement
(Croatian Spring) which eventually led to his emigration to the U.S.A.
* While living in the US he has remained active in the Croatian community
* He has donated to several Croatian organizations, cultural institutions, churches and
clubs and Universities
* During the Homeland War he actively participated in fundraising for humanitarian aid
and lobbied politicians in Washington, D.C.
* He is Honorary Consul General of Croatia to the U.S.A.
* He is married with two adult children
What does Miksic stand for?
* Improving the economy, because a healthy economy results in a thriving society
* Economic development in regions with high unemployment rates
* Encouraging high-technology companies in Croatia to world-class levels
* Increasing domestic production and consumption of natural agricultural products
* Halting the sale of Croatian assets to foreigners
* Promoting an ecological Croatia at the forefront of eco-tourism
* Increasing financial support to senior citizens and veterans of the Homeland war
* Improving health and welfare programs
* Deciding entry into the European Union only after a national referendum
* Promoting a society based on strong ethical and spiritual values
* Increasing social and economic ties to Croatians in neighbouring Bosnia-Herzegovina
* Cracking down on government corruption and bureaucracy
* Reducing the budget of the presidential office by 50%
* Representing Croatia responsibly on the world stage
Why haven't people heard about Miksic?
Although Miksic is regularly campaigning throughout Croatia, until recently the statecontrolled
Croatian media had not been covering his campaign.
Sites to visit for more information
http://www.borismiksic.net/ for more information about Boris Miksic and his campaign.
http://www.stop-mesic.tk/ for more information about President Mesic's political record
* Mesic's dozens of trips abroad that have not resulted in any new investment in Croatia
* Mesic's testimony against a leading Croatian General at the Hague War Crimes
Miksic is the only candidate who truly represents a change for Croatia.
Take a look at what the current Croatian President has done for Croatia in the last 5 years.
Take a look at what the current ruling party in Croatia have done in the last year.
If you care about Croatia's future, it is your civil duty to exercise your right to vote. Too
many people have died, during the Homeland War and throughout Croatia's history for
Croatian independence and for democratic elections. Croatians must take responsibility for
their future by voting.
Let's all do our part to get Boris Miksic into the President's Office.
Please listen for announcements and/or call your Consulate to find out the dates for voting
and what identification you need to bring with you.
From the Friends of Boris Miksic
(Please circulate this message to as many Croatians in and outside Croatia as possible, by
forwarding the PDF file attached or cutting and pasting this message into a new message.)
day hr min sec
| American Dream: A Guy From Croatia
"With $37 in our pockets and much apprehension in our hearts, we flew toward our future. We had no time to think what lay ahead because the future conies to soon anyhow."
American Dream: A Guy From Croatia is the exciting saga of a man who fled his home country with nothing but change in his pockets and built a successful company with determination and guts in America. It's a story of business savvy and risk taking that will arouse the entrepreneurial spirit in every reader.
"When he arrived in the United States, Boris Miksic brought along energy, intelligence and determination. But also a dream. He was the Croatian gift to America. Today, as a successful entrepreneur, he is the American gift to Croatia."
— Governor Rudy Perpich
Plaćeno vlastitim sredstvima Borisa Mikšića